From music festivals to art exhibits, here’s list of what’s happening in Philadelphia over the holiday weekend:
- September marks the end of Summerfest at Blue Cross River Rink. This weekend, guests will have the last chance to enjoy the outdoor roller rink, golf course, live entertainment, and dining under the lights. Admission is free; however, activities within the festival vary in price.
- The Science Behind Pixar exhibit at the Franklin istisute will also end after Labor Day. It’s the last chance to learn more about the creation of a few pixar characters, including Sully, Nemo and Buzz Lightyear. General Admission is $29.95.
- The Made in America music festival is back for another year. The two-day festival will feature performers including Rihanna and Coldplay, along with Chance the Rapper, Grimes and many more. The festival will take place Saturday, September 3, through Sunday, September 4. One and two day passes are available for purchase.
- This Sunday marks the first Sunday of the month. Because of this, the Barnes Foundation will have free admission, and the Philadelphia Art Museum will offer pay-as-you-wish admission.
- As for the holiday itself, there will be events on Independence Mall to celebrate, including storytelling and entertainment. Labor Day will also mark the end of Once Upon a Nation, a series on the mall that provides guests with historical entertainment.