This weekend marks the fourth ever Alumni Weekend for Temple University. Untraditionally, similar to Temple in many ways, a alumni weekend was not put in place until 2011.
This year registration for alumni events have increased by 200% from last year.
Not only alumni are encouraged to attend, many of the events are open to students as well. Below is a list of the events this weekend:
- The News about the News:
- The event will be hosted by SMC Dean David Boardman, and include special guests such as alumni and Executive Producer of the “CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley” Steve Capus
- It will take place in SERC. The panel discussion starts at 7 p.m., with a cocktail hour starting the hour before.
- Temple Take Over at the Phillies
- Over 900 Alumni and friends were sold discounted tickets, to turn Citizens Bank Park Cherry and White
- There is a pre-game party beginning at 5 p.m. before the first pitch thrown by President Theobald at 7 p.m.
- 2nd Annual Capt. Eileen Bradley 5K Run and Fun Walk
- The 5K is $15/person and FREE for students with a valid I.D.
- Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. and takes places at 13th and Pollette
- Bell Tower Festival
- Fun, Friends, & Food
- The bell tower will be taken over by a Victory Beer Garden, Food Trucks, and live music
- Cherry and White Game
- The Football team battles head to head in their annual spring football game
- Coach Rhule and his team will start at 1, at the Edberg-Olson football complex on 10th & Diamond
- Dinner on Cherry
- This is the first ever pop-up party. Attendees will get clues around campus to an undisclosed location where the party will take place
- Attendees are encouraged to wear Cherry and White
- TU Cares Day of Service
- Temple Alumni and Students will team up with Temple Student Government
- Sign-In begins at 9 near Anderson and Gladfelter Hall
- The day will end with a Cookout & Block party at 12:30 p.m.
For a Full List of events and Details go to Temple Alumni Services check out their website.
This year also marks Special Reunions this year for the class of 1965, they will be honored at the Golden Owl Induction.
The class of 2010 will be celebrating their 5th year reunion, and the class of 2005 will be celebrating their 10 year reunion.
For the first time, the School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Law are celebrating their reunions over this alumni weekend, as well.
Click here for the full list of reunion events this weekend.