With the second day of Hanukkah under way, celebrations are taking place both on campus and around Philadelphia.
There are also a variety of festivities happening in the city:
- There will be a candle lighting sponsored by the Center City Kehillah in Rittenhouse Square on December 8 from 5-6pm.
- The National Museum of American Jewish History will host their annual Cocktails and Candle Lighting Chanukah celebration on December 10 at 7 pm.
- Temple University’s Feinstein Center for American Jewish History will have a musical holiday program with Dan Blacksberg’s Shining Stars Orchestra on December 11 from 5-7 pm. It will be hosted by the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- The Larger than Life menorah will be on display at the Independence Mall on December 11th from 5-8:45pm.
- On the 12th, there will be a Shabbat Storytime at the Big Blue Marble Bookstore from 10:30-11:30am.
- There will be a Young Family Hannukah Celebration on December 14th at the National Museum of American Jewish History from 10am-2pm.
- On December 19th, there will be a festival of lights at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. New York band DeLeon will perform folk music with Temple University’s Feinstein Center for American Jewish History. It is a free admission from 5pm- 8:45pm.
Hanukkah will run from December 6th through the 14th.