The road to a college degree can be very expensive. However, for students who want to cut costs by attending a community college, Temple now offers a Dual Admissions program.
Taking this route gives students the option of being accepted into Temple for their final two years of undergraduate education. After completing their associates degree at any of the partnering community colleges, they can seamlessly transfer to Temple if they meet the minimum 2.3 GPA requirement.
This program fits into Temple’s dynamic, according to Desiree Hoezle, Associate Director of Transfer Admissions here at Temple. With approximately 4,000 transfer students admitted each year, about 70% of them are community college transfers, Hoelzle explained. Students who are admitted into Temple through this program are not only saving money because of the cheaper community college tuition; Temple also offers scholarships specifically for this program. Those who transfer in with a grade point average of a 3.3 or higher receive a guaranteed $1,000 scholarship and those with a 3.65 or higher receive a guaranteed $2,000 scholarship.
Below is a list of the supported community colleges:
- Bucks County Community College
- Burlington County College
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Delaware County Community College
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Luzerne County Community College
- Montgomery County Community College
- Northampton Community College
- Reading Area Community College
- Valley Forge Military College
For more information, visit: www.temple.edu/vpus/transfer/agreements.htm
Be the first to comment