This Halloween is sure to be a fun one, just make sure you use appropriate safety measures for yourself and your friends. Everyone will benefit if you exercise some of these tips.
Captain Eileen Bradley, Special Services of Temple University Police Department says “Make sure that you go with some friends, but also don’t leave behind any friends either.”
Here is a list of safety tips from Temple Campus Safety Services:
- Wear a costume that promotes your ability to see or run. Be cautious when approaching strangers in costume as some people may take advantage of being unrecognizable and you may need to make a quick exit.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Do not allow others or electronic devices to distract you when walking.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel alarmed, scared or creepy in any situation, go with your gut. If you see something spooky, contact the local authorities immediately.
- If you plan to go out, go out with people that you know and trust. Avoid being alone or isolated with a vampire – – or any creature – – who you don’t know or trust. Return home with the same people you went out with and walk in well-lit areas.
- Watch out for your friends, and don’t be afraid to intervene if a situation appears to be scaring your friend or is frightening you. If your friend seems too drunk or is acting abnormally, get him or her to a safe place immediately.
- Do not accept beverages from people you do not trust. Make sure you watch the drink being prepared and that you never leave it unattended.
- Realize that alcohol influences decision-making and judgment which could jeopardize your personal safety. Read the alcohol policy and be aware that all state, local and University regulations remain in effect.
- Be considerate and respectful of everyone’s right to live and feel safe and comfortable in the community.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, TEMPLE!