Protecting yourself these days has never been more important. Unfortunately, due to such high demand, a-lot of PPE has been put out of stock and we have been left to improvise. I will show you how you can use objects from around your house to make sure that your whole family is outfitted with some PPE that will stop the spread of COVID-19.
Please note that homemade masks do not make you invincible from catching the novel coronavirus. Rather, they will help stop the spread of germs and bacteria and will in turn protect others. Make sure you know that and remember that it is still very important to practice social distancing while wearing these masks.
- 1 large white shirt (Can make 6 masks)
- A Pen
- 2 hair ties for each mask
- A ruler
- Start by making marks every 3 inches on the shirt. I needed to make 4 marks but this number may change depending on how many you are making.
- Cut the shirt horizontally on the marks (use the ruler to help make sure your initial line is straight).
- Tape or fasten the end of the shirt to one end of the table to make it easier to cut through the material.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you have your desired amount of prepped material
- take a piece of the cut shirt and lie it out flat. Put a hair tie about 1/3rd of the way in on each side and fold inwards.
- Give the mask a little design to make each one unique for the family.
- Pat yourself on the back because you have now made your own PPE that will help stop the spread of COVID-19!