What do you get when you have golf carts, camera’s, MTV, a college campus, and the host of “America’s Got Talent”? You get celebrity Nick Cannon filming his MTV show, “Wild N’ Out,” on Temple University’s campus.
Nick Cannon is coming to Temple for the 2016 Homecoming celebrations and is bringing the cast of the show with him. The show will be filmed in the Performing Arts Center on 1837 North Broad street on Tuesday, September 20th, from 8 pm-10 pm. All students can get in with free admission as long as they have their student ID present. Cannon promises a plethora of surprises through his use of improvisational comedy, and maybe surprise guest or two.
The show first aired in 2005 and before coming to an end in 2007. After an extended hiatus, the show returned to MTV, and has brought new ideas and comedy with it.
The show has been described as a series of comedic skits and games with a major influence of hip hop. It will be a big moment for the University to be aired on a major television station, so make sure to come out and see the show.
Nick Cannon isn’t the only big event going around on campus in the coming week, here’s the events schedule for Temple Homecoming 2016:
- Monday, September 19th, 5:00 pm: PB & J Day; Join Temple students and faculty as we try to break the world record for most sandwiches made in an hour.
- Tuesday, September 20th, 8 pm-10 pm: Nick Cannon Presents “Wild N’ Out” at the Temple Performing Arts Center.
- Wednesday, September 21st, 11 am-3 pm: TU Big Cake with Baker Dave (Sponsored by MCPB) at the Student Center atrium.
- Wednesday, September 21st, 4 pm: Library Pop Up Concert at the Bell Tower (Free Admission).
- Wednesday, September 21st, 8 pm: Glow Yoga in the Student Center.
- Thursday, September 22nd, 2-6 pm: Farmer’s Market located between Broad & 13th & Cecil B. Moore.
- Thursday, September 22nd, 8 pm: Homecoming Pageant in the Student Center.
- Friday, September 23rd, 12-8 pm: 5th Annual Art Market at the Tyler School of Art.
- Friday, September 23rd, 2:30 pm: Golf cart parade and pep rally through Polett Walk to the Bell Tower.
- Friday, September 23rd, 7 pm: Women’s Volleyball vs. Tulane at McGonigle Hall (Free Admission with TU ID).
- Friday, September 23rd, 7:30 pm: Boyer Mosaic Concert at the Temple Performing Arts Center.
- Saturday, September 24th, TBD: 2016 Homecoming Tailgate Village in Lot K of Lincoln Financial Field.
- Saturday, September 24th, TBD: Homecoming game vs. Charlotte at Lincoln Financial Field.
- Sunday, September 25th, 1 pm: Women’s Volleyball Game vs. Houston at McGonigle Hall.